Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Bachelorette

So last night I went over to the Edmonds house and watched the Bachelorette with Emily, Caroline, Collin, Melissa Petty, Alanna Blair, and Paige Legan. After we watched it everyone was pissed. It was mildly entertaining because no one expected Ed to win. We were all going for Kiptyn or Reid. But here's why I'm glad that Kiptyn didn't win: I think that so often we get dumped or end a relationship and wonder what is wrong with ourselves. When your evaluating the situation you think of ways you could have enhanced the situation or continued to let it descend. Whether that be consciously or subconsciously, I think we all have reasons we blame ourselves for the relationship ending. As America watched this season, I think most people would say Kiptyn was not a bad person, there is nothing wrong with him, and he seemed like a good guy- yet he still got the boot. Just because something goes wrong or the relationship ends, maybe its nothing more than it wasn't as good a fit. Kiptyn will have no problem getting a wonderful girl and if Jillian is happy and was being true to her heart, then hopefully her and Ed will last.

I realize that was a semi in depth analysis for a reality tv show but that was just a thought I had last night as this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs