Monday, April 4, 2011

Life Update

Life Update. It's been some time since I've sat down to write so here are some recent happenings with pictures (I'm going to get better about posting with pictures).

I've been home in Dallas the last 7 weeks for work. Can I just tell you how incredible it has been? I've almost heard an entire series at church. I can buy groceries for more than a week or 2 at a time. I've got to live out of my closet without planning my outfits so far in advance. I've got to sleep in on saturdays with no agenda, because I can take care of errands on week nights. But, I get back on the road this Sunday and am not looking forward to it. I've got way to comfortable at home and am truly enjoying being around friends and family.

I got a new car. It's a Toyota 4 Runner. I am loving it. Dad gave me a little baby car for graduation, it was a lot of fun to drive, but got kind of old. Having a bigger car before, then switching to a 2 seater wasn't easy. But this is my first big purchase, Consumer Reports had nothing but good things to say about this model, and it had an aux plug for my ipod (the only deal breaker)!


Little Bryce got diagnosed with Type I Diabetes. It has been a roller coaster learning how to count carbs, balance his food intake with insulin, and learning what to do if his blood sugars are too high or too low. Overwhelming is the first thing that comes to mind. A hassle to do injections 4 times a day.. But as easy as it is to focus on these things, Bryce has had such a good attitude about it. He's told us over and over that its not terminal, and he can manage it (what 11 year old says that?) He still gets to play soccer, still go to his new school, still be himself, it doesn't seem to bother him at all. It does make eating out more difficult, it takes some research before leaving the house to ensure there are things on the menu within his carb range, but eventually, it won't be a second thought. He has such a good outlook on it and I'm truly loving watching him take every bump, and challenge head on with such a positive attitude.


Katie and Blake bought a house some time ago and I hadn't made it to Fort Worth to see it. I got to make it over there and see it, its adorable and it's weird that they have a starter home. Prepared to have kids running around one day, and I'm still wondering where I want to be in a few years, where my passion is, and having those same questions I had as a college freshman. It's an adorable house and Katie's cute style is all over that house. Aside from the kitchen/breakfast nook, it has a balcony that looks over into the living room which is I think is my favorite feature.

One of my longest and best friends got married this last weekend. We had a full week of wedding activities and it was absolutely exhausting, but also so fun to be a part of. Molly and I have known each other all our life. We used to tell people we were born next to each other, but it wasn't until middle school after we told someone, that we realized that wasn't true, we are born a month a part haha.. Both of us grew up sisters as we both had families full of boys. It was fun getting to hangout with all her friends in one place together. There will be some pictures on facebook soon probably, but I didn't take any on my own camera all weekend.

Lastly, but certainly not least, I've been praying about going to Israel with the JH Ranch. I was asked to go before, but didn't feel like it was the right timing to leave. Essentially, it would be a 3 month mission trip to help build relationships with the people of Ariel, Israel as a few of us from the JH Ranch help intercede for the leaders, the nation, the people, teenagers who will eventually attend/work at the ranch, and help train the staff. Needless to say, its been heavy on my heart ever since I had to turn down the last trip and I would love your prayers about this next trip coming up.
2 of my best friends from the ranch :)

1 comment:

  1. As always, I love reading your posts. Not that I don't get to talk to you, but somehow it sounds different when your blogging.

    Bryce has learned alot of his good attitude from his big sister. You are always smiling and loving on him and he sees your wonderful, God-filled Spirit working in you and wants to have that also.

    I am praying for you for Israel. This time praying that God opens my heart to the idea and set my mind at ease that He will be with you each and every day. I believe it's a matter of "when" you go, not "if" you go. So, God is working on me and I'm a piece of work for him!! Telling you to be patient is like telling the sun to quit shining, but I know God has amazing things in store for you.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs