Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Change of Time

I have nothing in particular to write about but these are just a few things that have been on my mind lately..

I don't understand why its so cold. A constant cold. In Dallas. I think it has to be some kind of record because the constant cold temperature around these parts is unheard of. I'm ready for it to be warm. Not hot. Not 110 degrees, but 70 with a slight windchill would be nice. :)

As I prepare to head to Abilene for Sing Song I think of all the crazy things that will happen this weekend and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I can only imagine how many old friends and familiar faces I will see and I can only wonder how many names I will remember. I laugh at how we have slightly overcommitted our car to hold not just us 4 girls but an additional 4 people.. Should be interesting. The entire idea of Sing Song is absurd to me. I'm not hating on it as I have been apart of it, but I think the idea of it, how big of a deal it is to people is something I don't think I will ever understand.

I am on this never ending journey to figure out what I really want to do with my life I have begun to realize that the big decisions don't really matter. Alanna (my roommate) recently got a job and 2 days into it she has begun to dread going to work.. To her credit she is still just learning the ropes and doesn't have much responsibility and doesn't know a whole lot of people, but I think we have this perception that a job will magically fix things because it is our focus throughout college and even after. Although it does help in aspects, it's not an end all. I've realized that you never really arrive. Even if you try so hard to obtain something, after the excitement wears off, its not usually as great as you thought. The grass is always greener. It's the stolen moments.. like waking up to coffee already made, or sitting watching ridiculous television shows for hours, or late night conversations. Those are the ones that are the precious ones- the ones that have nothing to do with big life decisions or figuring out answers.

I have a few favorite words right now: ticky tuck, amoebic, bam bam, and shaggy. I don't know why so please don't ask.

I think I might take a break from the book. I have thought about it again as I sometimes get annoyed with all the commotion on there. So if I disappear off facebook for a while, don't fret. I'll be back whenever I get bored..

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this blog post. I laughed out load when I read "I can only wonder how many names I will remember." So so unsurprising. I love love love your perspective on jobs. I think you couldn't be more wise in that paragraph, and I appreciate and accept your brilliance. I also found it so typical that you would have favorite words and have no idea why. Sorry for writing a play by play of my feelings while reading this post, but I love when people comment on my blogs, and this blog was very comment-worthy. See you SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey,

    You make me laugh. You write just like you talk..very random. Sometimes I think "wow, that's deep" then I read the next line and wonder if it's still the same person writing. Maybe you've missed your calling in life, I think you would be a great "Dear Abby" type columnist. If you are too young to know who that is, then poo on you!!

    Have fun at Sing Song. Hope you remember all the names that go with the faces...welcome to my world!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs