Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mini Update

So I know the point of the last blog was to catch up, but obviously that didn't work out so well. So I apologize again, but I don't think I could remember everything thats happened to even do bullet points. The last one was before I really started my job, and people have been asking about it so this blog is dedicated to work/life as an adult.

I started working In May and feel so blessed to not only have a job, but one that I love. There has been a lot of learning, but unlike most subjects in school, I actually care because it pertains to what I'll be doing each day. For those of you who don't know or that talked to me before I really even understood what I would be doing, in a nutshell, I work as an implementation consult and teach people how to use the company's software. Everyone that I work with is fairly young and a good amount went to ACU. It's been a lot of learning and there is still so much I don't understand, but I'm enjoying it and can't wait to see how these next few years pan out.

In the meanwhile, I'm still enjoying the job, but the adult life is another thing. I like working and being busy all day and having fun with people at the office, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of all the other things that come with being a grown-up. Before, I guess it didn't really hit me because I was working for my dad and still had a lot of flexibility, so the bills and stuff that were "adult-ish" kinda evened out. But now that I have work all day, pay bills, don't have summer vacations and celebrate my birthday by going to work all day then dinner/bed after, it just seems real old. I know I'm still young, but this year on my birthday was the first time it hit me that birthdays just aren't as exciting anymore. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely plenty of things I love about getting older that make it fun and exciting, but realizing that time of your life is over kinda sucks.

The 4th of July this year was spent at the Lake with lots of family and it was such a joy to be around so many people that you just love. Like deep love that you just know every one of them will be there for you always and no matter what. I don't know if I never thought about it before, or realized it before, but not on this level anyways. We celebrated my grandpa's 80th birthday and it was just so cute to see my grandparents and all their children. Family is such a blessing and I'm constantly overwhelmed by it.

These thoughts sound like I've been doing a lot of deep thinking lately, but I haven't really. Haha I've just been busy and when I stop to think and pray and just look around, I just can't help but be so thankful.

I'll post some pictures this week cause I think blogs are more fun with pictures, but I just kinda tired of being on the computer. :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the real world Kasey, haha!!! It gets better with time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me laugh. love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs