Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Girls Getaway

I've woken up the past few mornings so excited thinking about a girls trip my college friends and I have planned. There are lots of weddings this summer, lots of plans and of all of them, I think this is what I'm most excited about. Katie, Touchette, Paige and I will be going to Gruene for a weekend to celebrate Katie and the little blessing growing inside her.

Although I am so excited to see her pregnant belly, what I'm most excited about is spending a weekend with these girls. I love them dearly and I love the relationship we have with each other. I see some girls and ways some of my co-workers talk about friends and I can't help but just think, those are not your friends. That is not the way you treat people you care about. I'm not talking about a fight here and there or being mean because you're having an off day but the lack of support for one another in general, the competitiveness, being mean, the jealousy... I'm not even really sure how to describe it. What I do know, is when you find real friends, true friends that don't just say they are there for you, but actually are there for you, its life changing. You can't just discard those friends when life moves you hundreds of miles away from each other. I'll be the first to admit I'm not good at keeping up with people, calling to chat, or even just responding to their text when I'm busy. But anything in life that is good you have to work for. Take time to cultivate that relationship. Plan. Show up when there is a need. I'm so thankful with these girls and so many of my other girl friends I can do that. Show up and we can just be together. Be silly and stupid and serious and just be ourselves, no putting on a show. I can't help but feel so thankful for these friends and so many others that I can do that with, because I'm realizing, it's not that common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs