Sunday, October 5, 2014

Foster Prep: Meal Ideas

Growing up, mom had a list on the side of the fridge of some family favorite recipes to help make the decision of what was for dinner a little easier.  She used to let us pick anything as long as she didn't have to decide and now that I'm older I understand why.  There are so many options and at the same time no options.  Picking something that everyone will like isn't always an easy task so I did the same.  I made a list of some common things I like to eat and figured it would give us a starting point for when we needed help figuring out what was for supper.  Of course, I imagine this list changing quite a bit when a little one is judging them, however most of these are pretty basic and hopefully menu options that a little one could enjoy, I guess we'll see!


Baked Potato Bar
Baked Potato Soup
Bow Tie pasta with Chicken
Breakfast for Dinner (Cinnamon Rolls or Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon/Sausage)
Brisket
Burrito Bowls
Chicken & Tomato Basil Soup
Chicken Crescent Rolls
Chicken Fingers
Chicken in Bread Crumbs
Chicken Salad
Fajitas
Green Pepper Steak
Grilled Salmon
Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
Hawaiian Chicken
Hawaiian Ham Roll Sliders
King Ranch Chicken
Mac and Cheese
Pizza (make your own or take-out)
Poppy Seed Chicken
Pot Roast
Pulled Pork Sandwiches (optional: BBQ)
Quiche (Ham/Cheese; Spinach/Mushroom)
Shrimp & Grits
Shrimp Scampi
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Soy Sauce Salmon
Spaghetti
Steak
Sukiyaki
Taco Pockets
Taco Soup
Tacos
 
Do you have any family favorites your kids like?  I'd love to have them to add to this list! 



3 comments:

  1. That's a great list! What about nachos, fish tacos, grilled pbjs, veggie eggs, etc....my kids aren't picky so we are lucky when it comes to choosing foods. I follow weelicious on Instagram for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes!! Those are all great... I just added them to my main document on Google drive! I followed her for a bit then stopped, maybe I'll pick back up now that I'm nearing that time again. Thank you!!!!

      Delete
  2. My kids also love salmon patties and rice.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs