Saturday, September 26, 2009

Be KIND.

As some of you know, one of my best friends, molly has been working on a documentary. She has been traveling around for almost a month, about 3+ weeks and still has 2 weeks to go before she makes it back to Cali in order to get footage from all across America of middle school girls. The KIND CAMPAIGN is a movement that focuses on middle school and high school girls to start treating each other better and stop all the meanness that happens amongst so many girls. So the campaign team was in Atlanta and because I'm only about an hour and a half away I had to go see them! I got to watch their presentation at Tech High School and it was awesome to see everything I have heard so much about in action. After the presentation and shooting of some of the girls telling their personal story, we went back to Lauren's best friends' house. It was fun to get to just hang out and we actually filmed a little piece because we were at Lauren's best friends' house and I was there with Molly which was really cool.

Tetia was there! I was excited and surprised to see her because I had no idea she was on this cross country journey!
Mol and I in front of the kind mini van!

Check out more of what they are doing, where they have been, and all about the campaign itself on their website. www.KINDcampaign.com

In other news, I got asked to join Teach For America in a phone interview!! There are typically 3 steps. The written application, the phone interview, and the day long in person interview. So my phone interview is this Monday (as in 2 days! eeek) at 4:20 pm eastern time. So if you think about it please please say a prayer for that process and whether or not this opportunity is right for me.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy girl .... What??? I don't design blogs cousin, what do you mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome you got to see Molly and Tetia. When they stop in Tucson they're staying with my sister and her hubs.

    I'm in the PC and loving it. Bulgaria is beautiful! And I added you to my Blog Stalk list :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs