Friday, September 11, 2009

In a daydream

I just left the hospital and have been there all morning.. We (Emily and I) got there at 7:15 ish to scrub in and watch Dr Brock do a spine exposure... I don't really know the technical names for everything but it was crazy. We watched them prep the patient after she had gone under and then the cutting began. Basically we saw him cut her stomach, through her muscles, move everything out of the way so they could get to the spine. They did a lot of stuff that I wouldn't know what to tell you or how to tell you and then put it all back. Sewing up each layer and putting it all back where it is supposed to go. It was gnarly. And we didn't watch from an observation deck because apparently those are only in grey's anatomy (who knew?!) so we stood next to the patient. Like I could stick my hand out and touch her spine. Yeah I don't know what I was doing there or how I got there. We had talked about watching surgeries and I was like yeah okay, and the next thing I know i'm looking all inside this lady. It looked cool though.

For those of you wondering, I didn't once get queasy or sick or lightheaded or anything... I was pleasantly surprised with myself. haha cause I was definitely expecting to have to take a minute or two and step outside. But I did good. Even with all the stapling and needles. Um after we went to radiology and looked at some x-rays and that was it. He was about to do some other surgery but we left because we are headed out of town today. I'm actually waiting on emily to pack right now.

Labor day was good.. Bennett and Natalie came home which the parents were thrilled about and some other people came over and we had bbq and just hung out, watched tennis and just relaxed..

We are headed to auburn in a little bit and we are going to see bennett, natalie, and a bunch of friends down there so im excited about that. We are going to the game tomorrow night which will be super fun cause night games are the best and i'll get to see a bunch of people I haven't got to see yet.. I'm new to the whole auburn, alabama, georgia rivalry because the teams i'm usually cheering for, or against, are in the big 12. So this is gonna be fun to pick a new team and I just love football season so i'm super pumped.

Other than that life is good.. I need to purchase a rain coat. The week at the hospital was good.. A lot of the kids are starting to get sick cause there is a bug going around.. which is good because we have been busy but some of these kids look miserable. :( Um that's all for now.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs